It seems like business owners and marketers have leveraged SMS beyond limits to make the most out of it for their business promotion and retention of customers. SMS has supported the B2C communications for decades now. This is the most favored channel for businesses and is preferred to all other channels of communication available. The reasons for it being:
- High open and read rates
- Concise messaging and
- A robust and high return on investments.
All these facts and features make SMS the clear choice for marketers to ensure that the right message of the brand is sent to the right people at the right time most effectively, efficiently, and successfully.
- However, this is only when you consider it from the B2C perspective. When you look at it from the business to business point of view, you will see that far too fewer marketers have taken advantage of this useful and practical platform.
- If you consider it traditionally, SMS has been used primarily as a one-way marketing channel. In this, the users only receive the message but had no option to communicate or engage with the business or the brand that sent the message.
With the rise and use of two-way messaging, there has been a lot of change brought in messaging and SMS marketing strategy, making it all the more effective. It is naturally now at the lead of all types of brand and user communication needs.
The suitability factor
If you want to deploy the two-way SMS marketing strategy for your business with the intent to target your B2B audience, there are, however, a few considerations to make.
First, you will need to consider the suitability factor to find out whether or not the two-way SMS marketing strategy is right for your business. The benefits of two-way SMS marketing strategy will help you to make the final and proper decision.
- Ideally, two-way messaging may help any marketing campaigns by providing it with further benefits than any traditional text messaging strategy.
- It will also help you and your brand to start a conversation with your audience almost at the very instant when you sent the message.
- These conversations will help you to ensure a higher level of engagement with the key decision makers that was unheard of previously.
- All the actions and communications are personalized and are help real-time. This reflects the human side of any business and counters the standard ‘send it and forget it’ approach in another traditional form of business marketing.
Therefore, to successfully determine whether the two-way strategy to send text message invitations is right for your brand or business or not will largely depend on the kind of business you have, if not entirely rely on this factor. However, the current trend of people willing more to connect with the human aspect of a business rather than a corporate touch makes it a more likely and favored choice.
The right mobile partner
To leverage two-way messaging more productively, your existing marketing team members do not need to be IT experts. All that you will need is to know how to use a simple SMS API. This will give you as a marketer the proper tools and assist you in different ways such as:
- Sending and receiving messages
- Managing responses
- Track KPIs and
- Optimizing campaigns so that you can keep it within your predetermined budgets.
These are powerful tools that will help you to establish and manage all your business communications more effectively.
- It will enable any app to relate to the SMS
- This can facilitate the website or system to two-way messaging
- It will help you to send thousands of messages in a matter of a second and
- However, it will be fully scalable to all of your business needs.
Therefore, it is crucial that you match your business with the right type of mobile partner so that you get the best out of the two-way messaging campaigns.
If you want to make your two-way messaging campaign work effectively, it is imperative that you ensure that your mobile partner can deliver your message to the right party without fail just like the way you want it to be delivered. Therefore, make sure that you choose the right mobile partner. For that, you can make a list of questions to ask that may include tough questions such as:
- Can you manage large quantities of texts to be sent?
- Do you have the infrastructure to support a global campaign?
- Does the platform you use to support special characters?
- Does it meet the specific regulations of SMS messaging around the world?
- Do you offer large numbers and shortcodes?
If the answers to all these questions are a resounding ‘yes,’ then you can rest assured that you have found the right mobile partner for your two-way SMS marketing campaign.
Unlock user data
You can use the SMS to unlock your user data, which is another significant aspect of two-way messaging that will ensure better customer engagement. When it comes to B2B marketers, it is a precious resource and technology to collect more useful customer information and data.
If you implement it correctly, the two-way messaging system will help you to gain access to a wealth of customer information that you would not have otherwise. The most significant part of it is that the recipients of your messages will be able to respond to it using shortcode texts rather than drawn out questionnaires.
This will help you to gain the exact information that you are looking for about your customers. Once you have this personalized data and information about your customers, it will further help you to leverage the personalized content as well as the promotions further down the line.
Therefore, given that fact that just about everyone today has a smartphone, the two-way messaging is ideally the perfect addition to your existing business marketing strategy. Make the best use of it using a link to your e-commerce site or a new product to get more sales lead.